From a distance this top looks alright, but up close, it’s a mess.
I used the same pattern as this hibiscus print top, making all the adjustments I’d made before, but this time around, I just couldn’t get it right. I spent so much time yesterday, ripping it all apart and putting it back together. After a while I just gave up and left it as it is.
The problem was the fabric itself. Unlike the other shirt, which was 100% cotton, this was polyester blend with what feels a bit like rayon. It had the perfect drape for a blouse, but it was really slippery, and hard to work with. My homemade matching bias tape I used for the neckline was especially difficult for a novice seamstress, like myself.
I really love this polka dot fabric though, and It would be unlikely that I’d wear something like this without a blazer or cardigan, so I think I’ll still get some use out of it. I also adore this pattern, and I plan on using it to make more tops, so hopefully I’ll have better luck with the next one.